Monday 12 November 2012

Srila Prabhupada in cowherd boy mood!



One day, while Prabhupada was sitting in his room receiving his massage, he began talking and laughing. As he sat on the floor with one leg tucked under his body and one leg outstretched before him, he told the two or three devotees present how Krsna, carrying the lunch His mother had packed for Him, would go to the forest with His cowherd boyfriends, who were also carrying lunches from home. Krsna and His friends would all sit together sharing their lunch, and Krsna always had the best laddus and kachauris. Prabhupada's eyes flashed, and he rubbed his hands together, smiling. "I simply want to go to Krsnaloka, so I can have some of Krsna's laddu and kachauris. I do not have any great diversion from this. I simply want to go there so that I can enjoy eating laddus and kachauris with Krsna and the cowherd boys." Opening his eyes widely, he glanced at Devananda, who was massaging him, and at the others in the room. "Oh," he said to them, "if you will give me laddus and kachauris, then I will bless you." >>> Ref. VedaBase => SPL 7-2: Opening a Temple in Los Angeles, 1968


No comments:

Post a Comment